Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
China's economy. I had a snapping noise in the engine bay when the velle was running. Sounded just like a taser gun. So I called Summit and ordered new wires, cap, rotor, magneto, coil, coil cap and hell throw in a wire loom. Stuff arrived last night. Everything is made in China. So here's to the Chinese economy. :beers:

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Its very hard to find anything made in USA any more, its terrible:sad:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I could I'd spend a little more and buy American if it would help keep someone here employed. But in this case I probably would have had to spend a couple of hundred to replace the entire distributor to do that.

Bad thing is, as China's economy grows we are going to compete with them more and more for oil. So I don't see us ever going to the days of cheap gas anymore.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
At least our appetite for their cheap stuff is going for a good cause....their massive military buildup. This should work out well for us.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
At least our appetite for their cheap stuff is going for a good cause....their massive military buildup. This should work out well for us.

Gulp...hey we made some money out of this right? So it is all worth it, welcome to the great wall of America.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Well, my purchase was American! My new compressor, that I ordered from Grainger's, came in on May 7th. It was made on April 16th in Kentucky, USA! Not much of a backlog though, huh?
Don't even ask about all the trouble I had with Lowes compressors!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
mine is going towards a 3 night stay at a resort for the GF and I. In America.

One could get american made stuff, but they dont want to pay the prices it costs to pay american workers the big money they demand. Thats the problem, we want cheap stuff and huge salaries. I dont think that works out too well

·
Super Moderator
16,158 Posts
Well, my purchase was American! My new compressor, that I ordered from Grainger's, came in on May 7th. It was made on April 16th in Kentucky, USA! Not much of a backlog though, huh?
Don't even ask about all the trouble I had with Lowes compressors!
I have to wonder where all the parts required to build that compressor in the USA actually came from, however.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
The best part is that "Free Tibet" flags are made in China, too. :)

Tim.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.