Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Accell Blueprint HEI with a super coil. I replaced the cap and left the ground strap off of the new one. I had the heads worked on, so I had the motor apart. I assumed I didn't have the distributor right or something else. I tried to start it numerous times. While trying to start it, it hardly ever fired. First of all, would leaving the ground off keep it from firing, but would it fire on occasion as it did? I finally noticed the strap laying in the old cap and replaced it. It still doesn't fire. Did I fry the coil or is it some other problem? I just moved to Dayton, so I don't have anyone to help me do the things it takes two people to do. Keep that in mind for any suggestions. thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
rob h
I would take the coil off and have it tested before you go buying a new one.plus I would double check all you did,you might be over looking something.do you have the distibutor in 180 deg off?67rat member #199

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
DG that would be killer to another person live that close to us. I always hook those ground straps up. They keep your electrical systems from doing wierd things. Huber Heights is just north of Dayton.

------------------
Malibu 307 (aka 406 smblk)
69 SS 396(aka 454)
Wolf in sheeps skin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.