Team Chevelle banner

Did I do it wrong?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Foglin 
#1 ·
Today I put the motor into my Chevelle and don’t know if I did something wrong. Motor is a 2000 Lq4 with a L460e trans. I used carshop brackets but had to change them around some to get them to work with what I have. On the pass, side I turn the bracket over and backwards yes I need to redrill the bracket but it looks good to go. Now everything lines up P/S pulley not hitting and the A/C on and not hitting the frame. It looks to good without hitting anything like most have going on so I don’t know if im doing something wrong.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #6 ·
I will have to look for my paper work to get the part number for the mounts but I also turn one backwards and upside down to make the A/C work. Yes it’s a F body pan but I did just had my car body off and only two front and two back bolts in the body so when I put the motor in I lifted the front of the car off the frame to get the motor in then let it back down. This let the motor drop right in

Attachments

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Well I have to eat crow, my trans was off by a 1 inch I tried to pull it over and the A/C hitting the frame. Looks like I may need to pocket out the frame after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.