Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at a local place today looking around and found a bunch of 66 chevelle models, not bad but was wanting a dicast one some day after my car is on the road. I asked if they could get one and their supplier has 67's but not 66's and there was a 70 hot rod chevelle. Does anyone have a 66 chevelle dicast and if so who is the manufacturer of it?? thanks

------------------
OWNER OF 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU
Check out page dedicated to resto of my chevelle. still being made.
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/9801/
Team Chevelle # 424
Canadian Classics Chevelles and Beaumonts #393

Fav Quote: Second place is the first loser...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks 4speed, canadian company. kingston isn't far from me. 67 looks nice. found a 66 GTO. gonna mail them and ask, maybe they don't have all their stock on the net...

------------------
Team Chevelle # 424

[This message has been edited by 66 bowtie (edited 12-14-99).]

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am an avid diecast collector and I am pretty sure that no manufacturer has made a 1/18 or 1/24 scale diecast model of a 66 chevelle yet. 67s, 69s, and 70's are what I know exist and they are all SS's. I know how you feel.. I have a 71 malibu (real), hugger orange, weld wheels, zz3, etc, etc and would love a diecast of a 71 but the three years I mentioned above are the most popular so that's what have been produced as of today.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks people. gonna have to wait i guess. might check out that set rusty it is prob pretty cool.

------------------
Team Chevelle # 424

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
opps

[This message has been edited by Byfield (edited 12-15-99).]

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
There's a newer 1/24 68 SS on the market now. It's all over Ebay these days for prices from $9.99 to $14.99. It comes in 4 colors, (blue, black, red, off white), but I don't think any of them are 'correct' colors like the Ertl/AM series.

I just picked up the 1/18 purple 67 from ERTL, and it looks really nice.

Also, this place has a good selection of 1/18's, and usually has advance info and photos:

http://www.stage-1.com/

Note: I've never ordered from them, so I can makes claims to their service.

2 that I -have- ordered from, and with great success, are:

http://www.toyline.com/bri/ - these guys are AMAZING if you're looking for construction diecast. you wouldn't believe the stuff they have (anyone need a $500 crane?)

http://sportcraftcars.com/ - this shop has a really nice selection of 1/43 scale.

Kurt

·
Registered
28 Posts
You might try E-Bay and search for the original Die Cast Dealer promotion car that the dealer gave out to promote the new models.
Just search for Dealer promo or chevelle and one is bound to pop up. I saw a 69 promo model on there just a few days ago...good luck!

------------------

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Those promo cars were typically plastic, not diecast. In some cases, they were just assembled versions of a basic AMT type model kit.

Also, before anyone pulls their hair out trying to find one, don't bother looking for a 68 Chevelle promo. They didn't make one that year.

Kurt

·
Registered
1 Posts
DieCast Lovers... I have been collecting various models, both die-cast and plastic. I have found a number or really nice kits for the 67 Chevelle but have had no luck finding a 66 either. Would sure like to find one because, I agree, the 66 body style and mouldings are much nicer.

There are a couple I would like to point out for my fellow collectors that I found to be of superior quality.
- MotorMax 1:18 1967 Chevelle SS396 kit item #73104... Very heavy model, nice finish and detail.
- ERTL American Muscle Body Shop Classic 1:18 1967 Chevelle SS396 item # 36520... Very cool kit that you assemble yourself.
- And, finally, for our 1971 fan, I purchased a Maisto, Special Edition 1971 Chevelle SS454 Convertible item # 31883.

All these kits were purchased through ebay but the 1971 is available directly from www.greenwoodchevy.com if you are interested.

Happy Hunting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.