Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Looks like a 72' Vin Rich, 307 engine originally. I noticed the side markers as well. This car will take a lot of love and "D"-nairo to finish, I'd say it's a $ 2000.00 parts car now.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The trunk patching was tastefully done.
Craftsmanship of this level is hard to come by... if I'm not mistaken, it appears that the one patch, the one that appears to actually be attached to the car, was nailed on, if I'm not mistaken... truly inspiring work, lol... :grin2:

·
Registered
491 Posts
At least the trunk patches will not rust anytime soon, they galvanized.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
You cut the nail short then pound it over like a rivet. Common practice at top restoration shops. It finishes the job off nicely. Proper restoration technic used throughout the industry.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
I'm soooo spoiled down here.............I wouldn't even look at the car if it was given to me.........

Good, I would: 12 bolt Posi, GM-CI Hood, Good wheels and rubber, maybe some panels and other salvageable parts. That's a couple of G's right there. "Not spoiled in Oregon". For free, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,416 Posts
I don't know why you guys are making such a fuss over the trunk repairs. When you fold the custom cut carpet back over it you can't even see it. :grin2:

Reactions: 66 Bu

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Must be a nice car. Has the new style painted black wheels. Painted black rims are the best. They have no detail and look like rims with no wheel covers. Cooooooooool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts