Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some DG rally wheels,there exclusively for factory installed 4 piston caliper front disc's. My question is.......They all are marked LC on the left side of the valve stem,and DG on the right side of the stem,What does the LC stand for ?
Automotive tire Grey Wood Line Rim
Automotive tire Grey Wood Line Rim

·
Premium Member
3,692 Posts
Never seen that before. Maybe someone took them somewhere to be sandblasted and stamped their initials on them to identify them ??? What is the date code on the tire side of the wheel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They've never been sandblasted,there untouched.There is no date stamp on them,on the inside it say 14X6 JJ and then a 10 stamped .These could have been made in Canada ,Canada didn't follow everything you guys in the US did.

·
Premium Member
3,692 Posts
The 10 is October. On a Kelsey Hayes wheel (67 and prior model years), if there is no year stamp then it was made during the first model year that that particular code of wheel was made by Kelsey Hayes. So that would be October of 1966 for that wheel.

I believe the 8 embedded in the wheel construction-type stamp (that fancy looking stamp) is the Kelsey Hayes plant that made the wheel. The other common one for a Chevelle wheel has a 1 embedded in that stamp. I see bunches of 8-coded wheels here, so I assume that that plant is in the US.

So I have no idea what the LC is. If they came on a Canadian built car, maybe LC was the code there, and that stamp got added at the wheel plant before shipping, or at the car assembly plant when the DG wheels arrived there, to properly ID them for the Canadian plant assembly line. But that's a total guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts