Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been surfing around for a part description on my alternator, and can't find a description!! I can find what car it "fits", but no Amp output #'s, or anything!! It's getting frustrating.

Can anyone help? Its a Delco Model # 321-164. I believe its internally regulated. Was looking to buy a chrome replacement.

Also on the 2 wire plug, the white wire has been pulled out of the connector. Is that right?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geez, I must not be searching Rock Auto right... that's one of the sites I tried visiting. Did it say for sure if the alternator was internally regulated?

You're pin description is a bit confusing to me too. (sorry) The plug is square with 2 female contacts centered in the middle: one above the other. One has a blue wire, other is white. looks like the white wire broke out of the connector a while ago. If I do need to get that sucker re-attached, can I buy a new plug?

I guess my description does match yours as an externally regulated one, but I sure as heck don't see an external regulator anywhere!! Tried tracing the wires a bit, too. Looks like they just go into the harness along the fender.

Thanks John!!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
All I did on Rock Auto is to access the catalog and type in your part number. Out popped a 42 amp alternator.
The picture in this link shows a 10SI pin orientation. See??? They are hortizontal to each other. The internals are vertical.
Regulator should be on the radiator core support, right next to the readiator on the driver's side.

http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/delcoremy.shtml

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Meant to say that it's the externals that are vertical. Might try the member's classified area and see if someone can find you a connector. I can't look before next weekend at the junkyard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts