Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting an SS dash in one of my malibus and am wondering if the the dash wiring harness is different or if I'll be able to use the present one. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
166 Posts
the harnesses are totally different. and the big problem is that the dash harness and fuse box are all one unit, so it's a very expensive conversion. however, if you are getting your dash from an existing SS, just be sure to snag the wiring harness and you'll be set. if you're changing dashes, changing the harness isn't much more work at all. the harnesses also differ between the SS dashes that had idiot lights and the true guage-style SS dashes with the tach and stuff. my dad and i had the oportunity to get an entire dash harness and instrument cluster for $75 at a swap meet and passed it up cause the tach had the small block redline on it. we are still kicking ourselves in the butts over it.

------------------
Ian McDermott
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Columbia University
New York, NY.
E-mail: [email protected]
Web page: chevelle.dhs.org
ICQ UIN: 3923441

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
If you need the link to do the conversion please send me an email and I will email it to you. I saved the link but when I posted it, was not longer available. The article was written by J.E.
Luis!!70SS

[This message has been edited by Luis (edited 04-05-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.