Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 dash wire looms in a box for a 70-72...Is there a easy way to tell which one is a "sweep" dash and which one is a "round" gauge dash???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
one more question..
How do you tell the 70-71 from the 72 loom?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
A 72 dash harness will have two buzzers, key minder and seat belt warning, a seat belt warning light and a TCS relay that are not on a 70 - 71 harness. The seat belt warning wiring is pink/white and yellow/black for the light and the buzzer. The buzzers may not be attached but the harness will have the connections for them. Also the wiper switch connection has 4 wires on a 72 harness, 3 wires on 70 - 71 harness.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Is it possible to have a 72 harness without the seat belt buzzer/light. I have what I beleive to be a 72 harness. I located the seat belt buzzer (two connections orange and pink/blk) and TCS (4 pin connector with 3 wires, blk, dk blu, tan). THe harness does not LOOK like it has been modified but I cannot find any evidence of the lamp or buzzer connectors nor the wire colors you mention. Also my schematic for a 72 center section SS is much different than the harness I have. Almost none of the wires match at the bulkhead connector.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I have diagrams for 72 and a 72 SS Center Sections (dash harness) that are way different than a production harnesses. I’ll send you a bulkhead pin out of the 72 production harness.

I’m going to say it’s possible that some 72s left the assembly line without a seat belt warning circuit. It’s gotta be for a 72 because it has the correct TCS relay wiring and key warning buzzer.

”I located the seat belt buzzer (two connections orange and pink/blk)”

Key warning buzzer, right?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yes key warning buzzer. Got my buzzers mixed. Thanks a ton for your help. The diagrams I have are out of an old Chiltons book. They seem to be 95% correct for the 70 and 71 SS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts