Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1970 Chevelle with a sweep dash, and I am looking into swapping it with an SS dash for better location of gauges. (Besides I think they look a little sharper).
What years will cross match for this application? I.e., will a '71 SS Monte Carlo Dash fit without major modification?

Thanks in advance for all responses.
Chuck

------------------

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey Chuck,

The Monte dash will fit with no modifications - just make sure that you get the dash harness too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot Kevin.

I gotta say 'Hats off to y'all'. This site is fantastic!

Schu

------------------

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Also the Monte dash has a metal woodgrain front that if removed reveals an SS dash. Some of them have holes in the middle of the dash to hold the insert that will show when removed others did not(can't remember which years).

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
147 Posts
It doesn't need to be a SS Monte Carlo. All the 70-72 Monte dashes will bolt right up. Since you have a 70, using a 70 Monte would be the best. 71-72 have white lettered gauges instead of the light green 70 color. Kevin is correct, get the underdash harness. The engine harness would be helpful too, but you can modify yours. Steve is correct about the woodgrain dash. Some have 1/4 inch holes drilled in the dash to fasten the woodgrain. Some don't Before you buy one, take of the woodgrain and check. I've seen alot of 72's without the holes. I've got a webpage on gauge conversion you may want to look at:

azonline.com/~jimmy

Good Luck,
Jim

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited 04-07-99).]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Jimmy, et al.

I will start looking for a new dash local (although I do not think that I will have much luck). After that I will peruse the web page here for potential purchases.

Thanks again, y'all.
Chuck

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.