Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done putting in the LS6 dash I picked up. I connected everything, made sure everything was were ity is supposed to be and now it is not getting any power. It is getting power to the bulkhead connector but not to the fuse panel. I have not yet installed the 2 wires for the amp gauge yet. I don't think they are necessary to have in there to complete the circuit. All grounds are tight. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
What did the dash come out of? OK, if you have power on the outside bulkhead connector then you must know which pin is the red feed wire on the forward lamp harness connector.
Disconect battery
Unplug connector
With an ohmmeter attach one lead to the mating pin on the inside bulkhead connector pin. Use a long jumper lead and measure the fuse clips on the fuseblock BAT side. The left side fuses are the BAT side. You should have continuity between the inside bulkhead connector pin under the hood and the BAT connections on the fuseblock. If not maybe try another pin on the connector. Maybe the harness you have uses a different pin because it came from something else.

·
Premium Member
16,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the problem. Some bonehead moved the red feed wire from its correct location to the other side of the bulkhead
. I'm going to check and recheck all the locations before connecting it again. Don't need any fires happening

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
"other side of the bulkhead"? Into the engine harness connector on the dash harness? That's where it would go if the dash is out of a 72.

·
Premium Member
16,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's exactly where it was. I bought the LS6 cluster and the wiring harness off Ebay. Who knows, maybe the guy I bought it from had the gauges from a 70 and had a 72 harness?? I'll finish it up tonight after I check everything out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts