Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want to swap out my sweep dash with an SS dash, can I use my existing Engine, AC, and Headlight harnesses? I know I'll need a diff. dash harness? Also, if I remove the AC do I still need to use the AC relay? i dont know if the relay is used for anything other than the AC

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Engine harness should be OK. If you currently have idiot lights then make sure the dash and harness are for idiot lights also. On the AC relay if you are talking about the one mounted on the firewall next to the AC box, this is the high speed fan relay and you will need it for heat.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the link to my page on 70-72 gauge conversions Steve D, but its not really for sweep to SS gauge conversion. Its geared toward SS idiot light to SS gauge conversion. Some of the info can be used for the sweep to gauge conversion I suppose. To answer the original question, The AC harness is separate so its the same. The engine harness is also very close. You may have to add a tach wire. The foward lamp harness is different. It covers the temp, amp gauge/alternator. I don't think you would need the AC relay if you removed the AC.

Good Luck,
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.