Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 Chevelle SS convertible, the dash is in O.K. shape, but I am thinking of replacing Pad, insterment housing benzel, radio benzel, glove box benzel and long strip panel. Are all repo parts of the same quality? Do they even fit well? Is there a place that has better ones? It seems that they should be able to make new ones that are show quality? If anyone has replaced their's with success please let me know. If you think I should leave well enough a lone, and not open up a can of worms let me know. Thanks in advance for your time. Brian

·
Registered
179 Posts
Depends if you are restoring a "show" quality car vs. a "driver". If your originals are in good shape you can remove them and have them rechromed for show. The Repo stuff I would consider for a driver, the fit and quality is always a crap shoot.

·
Registered
499 Posts
What if my original dash housing has a hole cut where the radio is supposed to go, otherwise in good shape? Can a shop fabricate "new" plastic radio housing? A 72 Malibu, by the way. Can you paint them and rechrome them to restore for show?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm going the re-chrome route when I get to this step. I want the fit to be as close to factory as possible, so I'll just have my original stuff redone. This is a website I was pointed toward when I asked this question...

http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts