Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am removing the dash from a 1970 Chevelle to have the tach repaired. Could someone tell me how the parking brake assembly is disconnected from the bottom of the dash? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
262 Posts
LTK
I have a 71 and I think it is the same as yours. My parking brake handle is atached to a rod that passes through the dash. This rod is then atached to another rod behind the dash with a quick release clip. If you get under the dash and follow the rod you will see this clip, rotate the clip off the second rod and then lift the first rod up out of the clip. This will free up the parking brake handle from the brake release. If you want to you can then completely remove the rod and handle from the dash or you can just let it hang. Good luck.
PS. I just recently removed and reinstalled a sweep dash, if you have any other questions I may be able to help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Last weekend I had to replace the printed circuit in my SS dash. (Major pain, especially since the new one didn't work as it was supposed to!) Before you put in your "new" tach, save yourself the headache of tearing apart your dash again down the road and consider replacing the printed circuit with a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.