Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the correct color for the dash pad and the console on a 70 ls6 w/ saddle interior is it saddle to match or dark saddle to match the pillars?

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Well I've got a '70 Malibu coupe with a saddle/dark saddle interior.

My seats are saddle. Package tray "was" saddle. All door and side panels are saddle.

Dash, dash pad, steering column, carpet, front window pillars and rear metal thing (don't know the name--right below the rear window, you know the metal band that the package tray slips under) are ALL dark saddle.

Hope this helps someone in Chevelle land.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Well they are connected to the rear metal below the glass, so they're the same color. Dark saddle. The "windlace" or the plastic textured trim that goes around the rear window on the interior side is saddle on my car.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Sorry if that was confusing. Corner pieces=dark saddle, if the metal below the rear glass is painted dark saddle. I'll see if I can get some interior pics for you scanned.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Viza,

I have the saddle interior in my 70SS. My package try is a medium saddle, not he light saddle color of the seats. When I replaced the package try the replacement was the exact color of my original tray.
The console is light saddle, same as seats.

Let me know if you want some pictures.

------------------
Bill Taylor
Merrimack, NH
TC Gold Member #73
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/BillTSS70-2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.