Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing to remove my dash pad on my 69 Chevelle SS and I was wanting to know what holds the dash pad to the dash and how to remove it. Thanks

------------------
Steve

1969 Chevelle SS 396 L-34

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
IF I remeber correctly the dash pad has studs cast into the pad and is attached to the metal dash with nuts. KInd of hard to get to especially behind the instrument panel.

------------------
TC #364
Aces #4309
Jeff's 69

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Steve,

It's been a little while since I put mine back on, so I might miss a detail or two, but here goes. There are several studs attached to the underside of the pad along the section above the glove box. They are oriented horizontally. I am thinking there are like 4 or 5 studs. There are some speed nuts that go on the studs and hold it to the metal dash frame. You can get at all of them by dropping the glove box liner out of the dash and coming in from underneath. There are several screws right above the instrument panel area. They are easily removed. That should be it. Then pull back and slightly up on the pad and it should slip off. There are a bunch of flat metal 'fingers' along the front edge of the pad that hold the front edge down; as you pull the pad backwards, these will free themselves from the metal dash frame.

------------------
Bill Pritchard
69 SS396 Convertible
"Life is short; eat dessert first." - Ogden Nash
My low tech web page

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for ya'lls help i will check it out when it get it back from the body shop.

------------------
Steve

1969 Chevelle SS 396 L-34

1 - 4 of 4 Posts