Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a dash pad for a '69 remove like one for a '70? I've got a friend with a '69 that wants to replace his and I'm not sure if it removes like my '70.

------------------
Dave Knapp
'70 SS 396
Car with Pitts
L34

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
Nope- 68-69's are a PITA to remove. Have to remove the plastic dash first- and I really mean remove it- all the bulb connectors and everything- then you have to remove the glove box.

There are a series of nuts that run the length of the underside of the pad that hold it on- and some that come in from the front too(above the glove box)

------------------
Ben Rambow
1970 El Camino SS
My old 1969 El Camino
The El Camino Classics Club
"Whats the matter with the car I'm Driving? Can't ya tell that its out of style..."

·
0 Posts
just removed mine last night, I will go count the screws and bolts, hang tight I'll be right back.

o.k.,im back, to remove my dash pad, I had to drop the steering column. 2 5/8 nuts and a 5/16 to loosen the gear indicator on the column. then take the screws out of the gauge panel and pull out enough to get a SHORT phillips screwdriver into the opening and remove the (5) screws that point up.
you have (7) 3/8 barrel nuts that also have to be removed. 2 of these are pointing down toward the floor in the opening where the gauge panel is. you cant see them you will have to feel for them. 3 are pointing down in the opening where the glove box opening is, again you cant see them, feel for them. the final 2 point toward the front of the car in the glove box opening. yea real easy
its not as bad as it seems just take your time. hope this helps

------------------
Michael

T.C. member # 758
ACES member # 4292

69 malibu convertible
69 malibu h/t 307/pg
<<this space reserved for 66/67 chevelle BB/4spd>>
01 gmc sierra

[This message has been edited by 69ragtop (edited 12-14-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts