Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my gauges are kinda hard to see when driving at night, all the lights are working, and gauges are in great condition, but i just wish the lights were brighter...

anyone found a solution to this problem?

------------------
69 Chevelle Malibu
My Chevelle

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
What bulb number do you have? You can get a bulb with more candle power. If it is a 194 change to a 168. Works real good. They also make a halogen bulb you can use. Do not know the specs on it yet. Might not be safe to use. You can also get colored bulbs and change things a bit. I tried a couple and did not like the appearance. Good luck Jon

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
I would not change 194's to 168's. 168 "wedge" bulbs are slowly being phased-out by the "old standard" 194 bulbs. 194s are more plentiful, do a pretty good job, and most importantly draw less current.

168s may be brighter, but the catch is, more current draw and more heat caused by power dissipation.

Joe

------------------
Creator of Team Chevelle's RADIO TECH for original audio questions and answers

Wanted:

-1968 VW beetle water pump

-1973 Corvette quarter panels (they rusted thru)

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
The 168 bulbs will be around for quite some time. The heat dissapation would only apply to the reostat on the head light switch if, the reostat was set to the dim side. On full bright there would be no difference at all. The difference between using 194 and 168 is 1 amp for 10 bulbs. Nothing to worry about. Again I am pleased with the change. Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts