Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to shoot myself in the foot. I hooked up the battery for the first time since installing new Auto Meter Monster gauges. Spedo, Tach, Oil,, Water, Volts, Fuel

Problem :
(Not so normal)When I turn the key to on the gauge lights come on. I pulled fuses when the heater fuse is pulled the lights go off.

Everything still works under normal operation.
Normal operation with the key off I can turn on the lights with the light switch

I made a light bulb harness for the instruments lights because some of the gauges are plastic. I put the + & - in series using one of the old dash bulbs gray leads for the + and then grounded the - to the firewall.

The dash harness is a new one for gauges. So I used the circuits for gauges provided by the harness. There was none for the volt meter (Amp circuit only )so gauge circuit is grounded and instrument side goes to the fuse block on the ignition side.

While writing this I’m thinking maybe I'm getting power back from the Ign. SW.

Sorry to ramble so much

Thanks in advance for any help.

⌐⌐

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Sure you are pulling the right fuse? Gage fuse is the next one down and the one below the gage should cut out both the dash lights and the running lights.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes:
Normal configuration light/SW on dash lights will go out when gauge fuse is pulled.

Not normal when Ign/SW is on dash lights go on pull heater fuse lights go out. Dash lights then work normal through the light/SW.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John I would close this string or delete it. I think my problem is coming from another source, because the dash light problem has gone away for the momemt but this is related somehow and is replacing it.

I was running my directionals mainly to see if my LED's on the dash would work. Then I heard my flasher flashing in the neutral position my tail lights were flashing like a emergency. If I put the break on the flasher stops. Right now I’m stumped and going over the schematic. :confused:

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Your call Rob. Will be around tomorrow if you need a hand. The lawn needs whacking but should be done before noon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts