Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone sell separately the small copper crimp-on end that attaches to the end of the wire and makes contact with the bulb? Talking about a '69. Not sure what other years are identical. When the wire breaks at the end it's a big PITA. The small crimp-on ends are about impossible to pry open to re-crimp on the wire.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trouble is, the 35 yr old wires eventually break off right at the crimp-on end if you handle them much. I was able to fix the one that broke (headlight high beam indicator) by cutting off the last couple inches of wire, soldering the end back on that piece, inserting that piece back through the bulb socket, then connecting the repaired 2" piece of wire back on the harness. All this was brought about by the bulb socket falling out of the hole in the back of the speedo housing and my attempts to reinsert the socket with the dash intact.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I got some at Pep Boys, if I rememeber right. They were with the bulbs/fuses/etc. One piece socket with plastic backing. Snapped right into the '69 gauge setup. I changed all of mine, those two piece things are a nightmare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.