Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get a dash carrier assembly for a 1968 chevelle 2 door coupe? Mine has been hacked to pieces prior to owning the car. I have seen then on the net but not originals. 67 and 69 I can find but not the 68's.
Help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
maybe if you can narrow it down to which part you want there is the dash face plate it holds everything from the headlight switch to the radio & controls for the heater ... big plastic thing ... on top of that is the dash pad goes all the way across the car its 2 inch thick 5inchs wide .... then there the instrument panel that holds the guages in most cases a speedometer on one side a clock on the other with four places for gas -temp- oil - amps most just have a real gas guage the others are lights ... what part is it now that your looking for ???

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
the reason your having problems finding one is its not being repop'd by anyone so the only way you'll find one is used ...
I've got one PM me & I'll get the box I think its in down from the top of garage :)

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,590 Posts
There are also repro's available through NPD (National Parts Depot) for $229.95.
I'll be the first to say I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the 68 dash carrier is not being reproduced. Unless this is something that is brand new. From what I can tell, the NPD web site dosen't seem to allow anyone to look at individual parts, like most other sites. I'd like to see proof/picrutes of the 68 carrier before I believe it. BTW: I'm talking about the original 68 carrier, not some custom part from whoever.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Bill thats the reason I ordered the CD .... I want to check it out also

& the reason I put up that link to Convan
as far as I know no one as of yet makes an original dash for 68's
everyone has different tastes in what they like their car to look like
I think Chevy got it right :D .. I just differ with the original owners choice of options mine came with :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
I don't think it's a repo if the original dash, but they are selling a substitute bezel that holds aftermarket gagues: From the downloadable ZIP-file:
"9743 HOUSING, Instrument Carrier
For those wanting to use aftermarket gauges without
hacking up your original dash, this is the part you have
been waiting for! Constructed of ABS plastic with carbonfiber
finish, it has provisions for mounting two 3-3/8”
gauges (common for a tachometer and speedometer) and
four smaller 2-1/16” gauges.
64-65 .....................................................C-9743-140C 149.95
66 .....................................................C-9743-141C 229.95
67 .....................................................C-9743-142C 229.95
68 W/o astro ventilation (OS)............C-9743-143C 229.95
68 W/astro ventilation. (OS)..............C-9743-143CA 229.95
69 W/astro ventilation. (OS).............C-9743-144CA 229.95
69 W/o astro ventilation (OS)............C-9743-144C 229.95
70-72 Installs in place of stock SS 3-hole cluster, cutting req’d,
.....................................................C-9743-145C 229.95"

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'll be the first to say I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the 68 dash carrier is not being reproduced. Unless this is something that is brand new. From what I can tell, the NPD web site dosen't seem to allow anyone to look at individual parts, like most other sites. I'd like to see proof/picrutes of the 68 carrier before I believe it. BTW: I'm talking about the original 68 carrier, not some custom part from whoever.

You're right Bill. After a closer look the part I listed (NPD part) is for aftermarket gauges only. Sorry about that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.