Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,733 Posts
I traded a neighbor my 64 Tbird for his 65 Impala that looked straight but was filthy, after a really good wash I found Chrome Reverse rims on all 4 corners under all the dirt, this was in 1976, I bought baby moon hub caps and was Very Happy (y) :)

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
My Dad's '66 in 1971 when he got out of the army. Car later had a tunnel ram & ran 10.12. Story can be found here...

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
My Dad's '66 in 1971 when he got out of the army. Car later had a tunnel ram & ran 10.12. Story can be found here...

View attachment 745610
Grew up on Long Island in the 70’s. Lots of cool street cars back then. Spent many a weekend at National Speedway
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
716 Posts
I had a couple sets of 14” slots, could not even give them away. Ended up tossing them out, been storing them for twenty years. Kind of sorry to see them go but wow the garage space is nice to have back. Nobody runs 14” anymore and good luck finding new tires for them.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
12,748 Posts
Sure wish they would bring those tire sizes back esp the 50s
I was a kid on a Schwinn Stingray in those days first car wasnt til late 80s
Took a loan our for 1200 and picked up a 67 rs 4 spd. dropped, fake centerlines in the rear, western minilites up front
torque twisters and a cool sheetmetal gauge setup Yunick style. Loved that thing.
One car I regret selling the most..didnt wanna at the time but my 3rd M22 rebuild killed me $$...turns out it was just a problem with linkage needing rebuilding I had no idea for yrs.

Love how that C1 looks and the pics with Centerlines, love that same look today always will.

·
Registered
407 Posts
In 78 I had a 73 340 4 spd Duster Black with white 340 side stripes, Blk & white bucket int., very tall Harwood hood scoop and slotted mags with N50's on the back (y) (y):) Edit Yep air shocks too lol, had to clear the fender wells
Had a friend that had a '70 340 automatic Duster, and he put a 6 pack intake setup on it. Don't know how much the 6 pack helped in the horsepower department over the 275 HP rating of the stock engine (waaay under rated of course), but he sure did give my built L76 327-365 HP Nova a run for its money. He lived out in a semi rural area, and we would line up and race back and forth on that road for 15-20 minutes at a time. People used to come out in their front yard on lawn chairs to watch. The races were always tight. Always loved the looks of the early Dusters, and they were extremely affordable.

Reactions: shovelrick

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Still have slots on my Dad's Nova that I inherited, but I plan to change them back to Cragars which were the Day 2 wheels he originally had on them. He threw the slots from his '66 I posted earlier on the rear of the Nova when he put slicks on that car & then the front Cragars rusted out in the late 70s so he bought 14" slots to match the rears. The rears were way too big for the wheel wells so he radiused the qtrs 😟. I'm sure he never expected to keep the car as long as he did & he also wanted to mimic the Baldwin Motion Camaros & Vettes. The car still has the L-88 glass hood, finned valve covers, fly-eye air cleaner, etc to resemble a Motion engine bay. He also had LOUD side pipes on it at one point, but they also didn't survive the rust factor. I plan on installing some Patriot cheater pipes on it after I install the set of NOS Qtrs I have & paint it. After that I intend to cruise with the A/C blowing with an 8 track providing the tunes.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

21k original miles, last registered in 1983. Factory 4 speed, factory A/C. When I pulled it out of the garage after he passed it still had the N-50s in the rear on it. I hated to get rid of them but they were dry rotted & had bad flat spots from sitting forever in one spot.

·
Registered
407 Posts
In 1981 when I was 17 I bought a 1970 GTO 455HO, 4 speed, 12 bolt 4:10 rear for $4100. Lot of money back then but it was a pretty sweet car. Gabriel air shocks, N50s on Keystone wheels which I later swapped for Cragar SST's. White with red crushed velvet interior that kind of looked like a French bordello. I tortured that poor car for a few years before wrecking it while very drunk. Amazing I didn't kill myself or the buddies that were with me. Different times. I don't have a single picture of that car. I don't think I even had a camera back then.
The Cragar SST's were a sweet wheel back in the day. Put them on my Nova after my cheap ass Rockets started to rust...

·
Registered
72 Posts
My first attempt at modifying a vehicle when I was discharged from the service back in 71. A 1970 El Camino. Original color was butternut. Looks like black and blue, but its all black. (Cheap film and lousy camera). Those were the good ole days. When cars and Booze were cheap and cars and women were fast.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
978 Posts
Back in high school, that was The Look to have.

It drove the chicks AND the cops nuts...............
View attachment 745262
i came home from overseas in 72 had L 60on back and air shocks jacked up, first night back in town i got pulled over for bumper height law cop started letting me know about it , i told him i just got back from nam didnt know abought new law , i had to end up puting g 60s on back and lower it down looked awful for the time

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Here is mine in 1982 and same parking spot in 2018 and now 2022. Bought car in December of 1980 had a nice 327 in it at the time. Put a 540 in it in 1994. Has the same 12 bolt in it though it has been beefed up. You can see my feeble attempt at fender / tire clearance on the rear in 1982 (which I got fixed in 1983). Several motors, transmissions, a frame off and 3 paint jobs later here I am.

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Cloud Sky Car Tire

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Love that the buildings are all still there and the car looks great!

·
Premium Member
4,032 Posts
1 - March 1965 new L79 bench seat 4 speed. Stock wheels with US Royal Rain tires. The name was a warning, drive very carefully in the rain.
2 - Fall 1967 American Mags 5x7 with Pirelli 205HR15 Very good high performance tires.
3 - 1985 5x7 1968 Corvette wheels
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
C
4 - Back to original look, present day, 15x7 Chevrolet steel wheels, Pirelli 215 70 R15 Good handling tires.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts