Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1970 Chevelle SS396
278 Posts
Back in HS in 1972 my 69 GTO sported the air shocks, ET mags and Goodyear polyglas GT's. I can't remember what size, but wide front and back. Maybe H's back and E's on the front. That's what we did back then. Stored my OE wheels and found out my dad sold them on me...dang. I still really like the look of those mags, but can't bring myself to take the OE wheels off the 70SS.

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
Hot cars & Cool chicks (or maybe its the other way around) 😁 anyways, thanks for sharing. Brings back many great memories of pre cell phone and 50 extra pounds. 🙁

·
Premium Member
4,834 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Nice thing is, you can still build and drive those types of cars if you try hard enough,

and usually, for cheap.

View attachment 745220
Right on. I paid $9000 for my 69 el Camino SS396. It came with a very low mileage 454 truck motor, th400 2.73 rear end. It needed a new interior and the bed finished. I updated the suspension too. I have a total of 14.500 into it. Everybody thinks I make a lot of money because I own this lol...

In high school and then trade school I drove this two door hard top 64 Bonneville. It needed a engine I got it for $100. It was silver with black interior. I picked up a demolished 65 2+2 and took the 421 out of it. I sold the 8 lugs and the th 400 transmission. The Bonneville had a four speed Hydro that was such a cool automatic. Now this isn't the Slim Jim, only the Grand PriX and Catlina got that thing, why, i'll never know. It had one of those big 57-64 Olds/Pontiac 9.3 rear ends. It was posi with 3.08 gears.
When I got it all finished, I was cruising taking it easy for the first 100 miles or so. Then one night This Road Runner pulls up and I drop the hammer and couldn't believe how this thing jumped up and was gone. That dude catches up and asks what I have, he said his road runner was a 13.5 second car! Back then 13 seconds was fast. We used to have so much fun turning 14 second quarter miles and being thrilled to go 100 then the car factories ruined it all by selling ready built race cars for all the mechanical retarded and it ruined everything..

Car Plant Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
In 1981 when I was 17 I bought a 1970 GTO 455HO, 4 speed, 12 bolt 4:10 rear for $4100. Lot of money back then but it was a pretty sweet car. Gabriel air shocks, N50s on Keystone wheels which I later swapped for Cragar SST's. White with red crushed velvet interior that kind of looked like a French bordello. I tortured that poor car for a few years before wrecking it while very drunk. Amazing I didn't kill myself or the buddies that were with me. Different times. I don't have a single picture of that car. I don't think I even had a camera back then.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,733 Posts
At 5.33 you can see a Black Duster with a tall Harwood hood scoop, same scoop was on my 73 Black 340 Duster car looked a lot like it but had white 340 side stripes & slotted mags all around, we also had a wagon like at 9.27 only brown and a 73..same thing only different but "I Had One Just Like It!" LOL

21 - 40 of 65 Posts