Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my wife opens the electric bill...$344 for ONE MONTH. Apparently the E.C. is putting in GAS LINES and it is being funded by the public. The "original" bill was $113 and the rest is for the "GAS LINE INSTALLATION" or some crap. By the way, we don't use Gas in our place.

I check my bank account today, and the allotment I had for my Truck Payment was "supposed" to hit the bank already...IT HASN'T. I check my LES, the money HAS BEEN TAKEN OUT OF MY PAY.

Then, the bonus incentive the Marine Corps has coming out is a damn no win situation. If a person takes the bonus, the Corps has you by the GONADS. Meaning, if one just came back from Iraq Friday, the Corps can send you right back the next day. I was told this by a CWO2 friend of mine, but I'm going to investigate that; I just re-uped again January 7th and I'm eligible for the bonus. BUT DAMN...

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I do/don't understand how they can charge people to run lines without connecting them. They ran sewers in my fathers neighborhood last summer and they charge $67/foot of frontage. Well, he has frontage on 3 streets so his bill is over $12,000!!!!! And, he's not even connected. That's another $2000.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
I never had problems with allotments from my LES hitting my bank account same day at Navy Federal, its all EFT. Guess it depends on the bank.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I've never had an electric bill over $60... that was last July when the A/C was running to control the humidity. Usually it's in the $35 range. When the prices started going up to an average of $45, I replaced every light bulb in my house with a low-energy florescent (14W instead of 60W). It cost me about $50 to change them all, and dropped the bill ~$10/month. (almost 25%!!!)

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Man I would kill to have a $344 electric bill, I havent had one yet less than $550 here:sad:

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man I would kill to have a $344 electric bill, I havent had one yet less than $550 here:sad:
I guess I don't have it as "bad" as others. Where do you live?

I can understand if I live in a 3000 sq ft home, but I live in a single wide trailer; 14 x 80. The heat is on 68 and the windows are double pane and the front door is new. No cracks around or under the door; front or back door. The kids usually shut the door, or I come behind them if they don't close the glass door, then the main door.

Oh well, I guess it could always be worse huh guys?

G

·
Crap like this is why I wished I'd picked a different significant other back when I was young! One that would have liked to live a couple a miles out in the country on 40 acres so I could burn wood, have a well and a lagoon, a big garden and some fruit trees and some grapes and 50/100 chickens, a hog or two and some cats and a dog around.

Plus a couple of out buildings to mess around in..

Too late now b/c I'm darn near an old man!!

Darn-near--hell, I AM an old man....

pdq67

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never had problems with allotments from my LES hitting my bank account same day at Navy Federal, its all EFT. Guess it depends on the bank.
I guess so, because I have a loan going to them and it came out right on schedule. I guess since BB&T is a bank, they think they are special. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Man, you guys got it bad. Mine's usually around $200/mo for the past year and a half or so. Pre-Katrina, we were around $150/mo. It's the same as gasoline around here, once it goes up, it never comes back down. Our gas prices haven't moved more than a nickle up or down in so long, I can't remember when it did actually last move. Of course, I fill the jeep once a month, and the bike about every two months. But the electric, since they burn fuel here, isn't coming down anytime soon. The are talking about building an ethanol powered plant, so some of the money is supposedly for that.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Iam in florida were every thing is expensive..
When I come home I spend 10 minuites turning off the lights my wife leaves on so she can see during the day:clonk:I would be happy in a cave with a garage:yes:

I guess I don't have it as "bad" as others. Where do you live?

I can understand if I live in a 3000 sq ft home, but I live in a single wide trailer; 14 x 80. The heat is on 68 and the windows are double pane and the front door is new. No cracks around or under the door; front or back door. The kids usually shut the door, or I come behind them if they don't close the glass door, then the main door.

Oh well, I guess it could always be worse huh guys?

·
Premium Member
7,681 Posts
You too 1bad........

"When I come home I spend 10 minuites turning off the lights my wife leaves on so she can see during the day"..

One thing about it, she like's the house at 68F, great in the winter but h-ll in the summer!!

pdq67

That's just a women thing, cause it's just the same here.:sad:

·
Registered
684 Posts
On Average = $90 a month for Propane and about $50 a month for electric.
A few year ago when Kansas got hit with that big ice storm, Westar electric
tried to bill customer for the added expense of clean up. People were enraged and contacted the TV news to say we were getting ripped off. Next thing you know Westar is refunding its customers. Now after Katrina and gas price increased Westar includes this "Fuel Charge" (a percentage of your kilowatt usage for them to come around and read your meter) to its customer and it is legal... They get ya either way...

When I'm rich I'm going to install a wind generator...

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On Average = $90 a month for Propane and about $50 a month for electric.
A few year ago when Kansas got hit with that big ice storm, Westar electric
tried to bill customer for the added expense of clean up. People were enraged and contacted the TV news to say we were getting ripped off. Next thing you know Westar is refunding its customers. Now after Katrina and gas price increased Westar includes this "Fuel Charge" (a percentage of your kilowatt usage for them to come around and read your meter) to its customer and it is legal... They get ya either way...

When I'm rich I'm going to install a wind generator...
My wife mentioned something about the "fuel charge" as well. We are going to the E.C. on Monday and see what is going on.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
My wife mentioned something about the "fuel charge" as well. We are going to the E.C. on Monday and see what is going on.

Dude, I had a trailer years ago and always had a $300 light bill After I built my 6000sqft house it's around $200 just better insulated.
Those flouresent replacement bulbs really work 10/100 watt bulbs will burn 1000 watts almost what a window a/c will use.
As for running around turning those lights off you don't have to do that with these because it would take 3 full days to burn 1 hours worth of the old bulbs electrical draw plus they last for 5-8 years.
You need gas heat too.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Those flouresent replacement bulbs really work 10/100 watt bulbs will burn 1000 watts almost what a window a/c will use.
As for running around turning those lights off you don't have to do that with these because it would take 3 full days to burn 1 hours worth of the old bulbs electrical draw plus they last for 5-8 years.
...and they're only $10 for a 6 pack of them at Home Depot. :yes: I saved 25% on my bills during the non-A/C months.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts