Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yep I'll put that one on my watch list. "3" was on ESPN so I had to watch it again... Yep that was the day NASCAR died...

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Very Cool! :thumbsup:

He was my favorite driver! :D

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Yup. My favorite driver of all time. The day he died. I felt like someone puched me in the gut. I didn't watch a race for two years after that. God I hated racing after that. The thing was. right after the race. We were in Arizona for the winter months. My next door neighbor came over to our motorhome. as we were leaving to go see some friends. And said sorry to hear about Dale! I said what do you mean? Because I just watched the part who came across the line first. then we had to go. we were running late already. Well we never went. I took the Harley for a long ride. Came back a few hrs later. Didn't feel like talking to anyone for a few days. If someone brought it up. I just said I didn't want to talk about it. Man that hit me hard. Maybe now I can watch the movie. One more thing i always taped the races. that one I beat with a hammer & threw it as far as i could. noght said!!!

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,275 Posts
I can't wait for the movie; hadn't even heard about it 'til now. I still find it hard to believe he's gone. Six years in a couple days; can you believe it? He was the last guy I ever would have thought would die in a race car. Nascar just ain't ever gonna be the same without #3 out there. :(

Dave

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Growing up my baseball number was #3. After church I'd watch the race,,pull'n for that #3. At that time I didn't know who he was,, but I knew he was a fight'n WINNER.
My older brother is a die hard biker,, Tuff as a nail. I was with him when the news came out, a tear came from his eye and that scared me.
I know Dale still watches the race every Sunday :)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
WoW! I had no idea they had a movie about him, let alone this new one coming out. I too felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks when I heard that bad news. At the time I wasn't too much into NASCAR, but I had always new who the man in black was (other then that other guy, ole what's his face :p :D ), and always rooted for him. SS396Elky and davewho1 hit the nail on the head, that's the day that NASCAR died, and it'll never be the same!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Yep,nascar turned for the worst that day dale died!!!-- I remember my girl came running in the bedroom saying did earndhart wreck?did he get out of the car yet?I said not yet!! he will if it didnt kill him-he hit hard!!! I just had that feeling,and Kenny Shrader was upset during that interveiw--made my guts sink-just had that feeling--!!!!!!!

I dont care if you loved him or hated him,you kept tabs on where the black 3 was running!!!!
because you knew that that was where the action was

That man did things in a circle track car that where amazing,and didnt care who he made mad at him--heck, its just racin--he died doing what he loved--and the way and day he died--just added to the legend!!!!!!!!!

DALE WAS THE BEST--AND NASCAR IS LOSING FANS MORE AND MORE SINCE HIS PASSING--I HATE THE CRAP NOW---

BOB H 67RAT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts