Team Chevelle banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the slip in front of me but here's what I remember.

1.47 - bogged, not enough launch rpm
??
??

His car is an all steel '55 chevy with an all aluminum 632" BBC, Lenco 4speed, 3500lbs. Everything is still new with the combo so we're still workin all the bugs out. He had a 1.33 60 ft the day before at Maple Grove so if he can match a 60' like that with the rest of that 9.0 run, he'll be in the 8.80 range easy.

He's happy so far but a little disappointed that the 8 second time slip still eluded him. :D

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Good run for Dad! 8.80's should be there if he can get that 60' down to where it should be. a 632ci ALL ALUMINUM big block, WOW. There are a couple dollars worth of words right there. Looking forward to seeing the recent pics.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great car! The other car was great, too!

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
Real cool Dustin. Thanks for the pics. :thumbsup: What has he done to the suspension to finally get it to hook? Did he play around with shock settings? Change the I.C.? Loosen up the front end?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments. The other car is my Uncles 55. 392" sbc with a Jerico 4 speed.

Billy, the car never did have much of a traction problem. Whenever there's a problem coming off the line, it's usually related the clutch. This new engine is a whole new animal compared to the 502 that was in. This thing is an unruly monster lol.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Did I see pics of your Dads car at the Stick Shift Nationals ( UMTR vs OMSS ) ?

Sure looked like it........I need to get up there .

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
badazz rides!

nothing like a 632! If I could afford it every car I own would have on in it!:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts