Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What cylinder head would be the best to use for a small block chevy with a turbo? A head with the small (64cc) chamber or the large (76cc) chamber assuming you can get a piston with around 8 to 8.5 :1 comp with either head or does it really matter?

Thank you
Bill (88502)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Bill,

It will be very hard to get the compression down to the 8.5 range with a 64cc chamber, a 76 is pretty much a must. Even with a 76cc chamber you are looking at a -28cc dish with a .039 head gasket to achieve the 8.5 range give or take some depending on your deck clearance. If it was me, I wouldn't consider going below 8.5, the 8.5-9.0 range should be your target depending on what your after HP wise. Depending on your turbo size, the compression will also effect your spool up time.

As an example, I run the Dart Pro1's with a 230cc runner and 76cc chamber.

Just my opinion, I'm sure some other turbo guys will chime in :thumbsup:

Corey

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
What size SB are you talking about?

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
SRP has a 31cc inverted dome piston they give about 8.5 with 64cc head.

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
yes but you want flattops to take full advantage of flame travel and boost get the 76cc heads. If your gonna use stock irons get 882 casting they have the best exhuast flow numbers stock and flow real good with 202in/165ex. if going after market get what you like best. just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a point where there is too much inverted dome? I understand that a -16cc dome would be better than a -31cc dome.

Thank you for all the replys
Bill (88502)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.