Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1969 Chevelle SS 396, Dusk Blue, Buckets, Parchment interior
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in mid-restoration of my 69 SS Chevelle, & my CX Turbo 400 is in need of a six bolt Torque Convertor.
I would like to keep it as close to factory specs as possible, any suggestions??
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,740 Posts
Have you thought of getting the orig. rebuilt?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shovelrick,
no, I haven't, but the folks I took it to said, due to the internal damage, it should be replaced?? So I'm looking for either a "good" used one or something that is as close to factory specs as possible. Do you have a place in mind that could help in the search??

Thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,740 Posts
I don't know of any personally, but there is probably members here that do trans/conv rebuilding, I have a 6 bolt laying around that you can have if you want to pay for the ride but it came out of a 454/ HD T400 winnie rv, it's about an 800 stall so it would need to be changed to fit your needs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick,
I thank you for the offer & I would like to take you up on it. Can you let me know what it would cost to ship it to Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858?? Does anyone know what specs/stall speed the "CX" torque converter should be??
When I finish this restoration I will have a raft of parts to sell.
Thanks
Again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts