Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sail panels that have the vinyl already glued on from yearone.I am working on a 69 chevelle ss.
They seem to long . Do I have to cut them? How do I cut them if I have to. Where do I cut them? What strips do they go under?
The car I bought didn"t have the old ones to use as a pattern.
Does part of them go under the back side panel?
Thank you for any help
Jerry

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does any wind lace go around any edges of the headliner on a69 chevelle?
Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
ccc,
Don't cut them yet!! Trial fit them first (may have to do it more than once). the back edge fits inder the rear window windlace, while the front edge fits under the strip that covers the headliner along the upper edge of the windows (on mine, the strip is metal). The upper front corner of the sail panel is pointed, and on mine, I had a hard time getting it to lay flat. I ended up trimming it a little, and I mean a little, and thme regluing it and it still doesn't suit me. The lower edge of the sail panel fits along the edge and behind the package tray. I also, used some heavy duty two-sided tape behind the panel to help conform and hold it in place. They look OK but like so many things, if you know where to look, it is a little disappointing.
I too, used the precut and assembled ones and would again, it's just one of those things where you gete real smart, after you have been a little dumb! Take your time and good luck!

Duke

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Duke
Is your chevelle a 69? Does the top of the sail panel from the quater glass to the back window go under anything or does just the very ends go under the headliner strip?
Thanks
Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts