Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody on here have a custom stereo system in their Chevelle? I was thinking of replacing the four front speakers, adding tweeters to the pilars, 2 6"x9" speakers on the deck under the back window, and putting a 12" sub in the trunk with a custom box and amp rack. I want my pro touring 70 Chevelle to be part origional and part modern. Does anybody have pictures of or has seen a setup like this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I can't post any pics, but I have mild custom stereo system in my '72. I have a CD player/radio, one amp (four channel) for the front and rear speakers which are 4x6 in the front and 6x9 in the rear. A second amp (two channel) for the sub which is a duel voice coil 10. The amps are on a board attached to the back of the rear seat. The sub box sits beside the spare tire half on half off of the deck in the trunk. Does not sound to bad if I say so myself. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Where did you mount the 6x9s? If you put them on the deck under the back window, how did you do it? Also, did you Dynomat? I used to have 2 10" Sony X-plod subs in the trunk and it rattled like hell.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The 6x9's are mounted on the rear deck from the bottom. When I bought the car the orginal owner had a cheap (very cheap)pair of 6x9's already installed so I didn't have to do any cutting. I don't have any Dynomat installed, but I am sure it wouldn't hurt. Has far has rattles, from the inside its not bad, but when you stand behind the car with the radio playing it does rattle the trunk pretty good. So I figure how many times are you going to be listing to the radio from behind the car? I just got the 10 two weeks ago, and noticed today it broke in and all I can say is OMMFG!!!!! It does not hit hads hard has my brother-in-laws 2 12's, but considering its a 10 being pushed by a 60x2 amp not to shabby. I am going to replace that amp with a 250x2 when I get a chance. If you have any more questions just ask. I am by no means a pro but I enjoy a great sounding stereo along with a great sounding V8.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts