Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I originally had a bench seat and put in buckets a short while back. I now need a console which will house an auto shifter or 5 speed shifter eventually if I convert. Anyways, I will mount a stereo in the center console vertically if I can. Anyone made one out of aluminum or steel? I have it pictured and im starting to sketch it up. Also I want to buy some fabric and make my own headliner, I dont want the stock ones becasuse of the metal bows that are a pain to deal with. :D :D
I saw a video on Wyotechs website on headliners, it was a cool video! How to do flames and designs with that foam under the liner or fabric. Which is something I think I will try.
Too much rambling, basically if you have pictures or ideas i'd love to see them.

·
Premium Member
19,928 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a trade school called Wyotech, it's wyotech.com I forgot the video came on a cd they sent me when i was interested in there school. There is a whole thing on interior and they do a headliner EXACTLY like Dales and that great great 67'
But thats pretty much what I wanted to see out of headliners, super nice. What kind of material is it? It's a really cool process on how they make the designs and inserts, pretty simple looking as long as all the tools are there.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just took down my old headliner, it wasnt in horrid condition, just around the bows it rotted, and the dirt hiding under that crap, gross! But the surface isnt flat, it has some cross bars and such. So my plan to put my new chosen interior flush to the cieling won't work. I am going to need a piece of something to put my inerior on then install that in, steel... .too heavy, pricey, tricky to mount, really thin guage may work well and be easy to bend by hand. Cardboard, very much not a good idea I think. So something that will bend slightly and hold its shape I guess. Do you know what they used to mount the interior to Dale?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Phil,
I have also been looking at the headliner replace it original or go with a modern material. A co-worker suggested using the fiberglass pan out of a new model car that fits the roof area. Since I have a wagon the pan I need will come out of another wagon or van. Perhapse this might be an option for you.
Looked into this anyone?
John C.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a gooood idea. What would I get it out of I wonder? Or are you talking about just a good slab of fiberglass? It would be good to work with and cover with a material, I'll look into it. Let me know if you have anymore information on it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts