Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about bucket seats. I would like to change from bench to buckets in my 69 SS. I know I would have to change brackets but my question is.. is it possible to buy a set of bucket seats from another car and have them recovered with the correct Chevelle seat covers? I really have no idea about this. I sat in my sisters 88 Firebird Formula buckets this weekend and they were really comfortable. And it made me wonder if this was possible. If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Jeremy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Check out this site procarbyscat.com . I bought a pair of rallys(I think) to replace the stock bench. They also have custom brackets to fit your car. On mine I had to drill 4 holes total, the inside on each seat. The outside line on with the stock holes. Very easy to put in, took me about an hour, and I am not a pro by any means. The seats themselves are very comfertable, and I would not change them for anything. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Another vote for the Procar by Scat seats. I've got the rally seats in my Chevelle, and they are very comfortable. I also had a pair in a 1971 Nova I used to have. A snap to install too. Plus they fit right in with the stock interior. Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey you guys, how much did those buckets cost?The rallys, thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by cky12k:
Hey you guys, how much did those buckets cost?The rallys, thanks
I ordered mine from Summit. They run about $267 a piece for the vinyl. I think it's an extra $100 for a pair of brackets. All in all I think it's cheaper and easier than trying to find some usable seats and get new foam and covers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the info Ben!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts