Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
No, but I had custom Stereo and Cellular but a box in my trunk, and the Chevelle does nicely.. 270RMS out of a Power Acoustik into a MTX 5000 15" into a sealed box. Awesome bass.

------------------
Scott, 20
Dallas, 70 Chevelle Malibu

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have one in my 61 Corvette and 65 SS. Both work good, but sound better with an amp, which is easy to add. Both fit without a hitch also. mgg

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have one with a CD hook up. Works great, not a perfect fit for the 67 dash though. I agree with Rick. They could use more power. I hooked up a Rockford-Fasgate (spelling?) amp Sounds much better now. My only problem is, I like to listen to my engine better
Call me wierd if you want but that's me

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430 eng / 4L60 trans
"Canyon Carver"

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cardiac, I was planning on using an amp also. How many Preouts are there? 2 pair (front/rear).

Also how does the CD Changer interface with the head unit? Data Cable and Patch Cables? FM Modulation?

Thanks for the feedback everyone

------------------
JeffK ACES #01510
Team Chevelle Gold #72
496 EFI/Richmond 6-Speed
[email protected]
www.athenet.net/~chevelle

·
Registered
994 Posts
It's been awhile since I installed it (6 yrs ago) The guy at Custom AutoSound, suggested the Kenwood model because it was a better unit. Mine is the top of the crap heap or middle of the road
I really don't remember the specifics, but I do have to keep shoving the CD jacks back under the dash. If I can find the book I'll give you more info.
The reason I bought this model was because it fit my dash bezel and the other high end units require the use of thier bezel. I don't see a problem in your case though.
I bought their dual front speakers also.

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430 eng / 4L60 trans
"Canyon Carver"

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have better luck with the Kenwood models. Both the looks and the Features are better in the Kenwood. Availability is better, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.