Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with Custom Autosound after market stereos? I purchased one for my 70 SS primarily because I wanted it to fit the existing dash opening. First off, I thought the unit was rather cheap looking and that the plastic knobs were flimsy. Anyway, when I first installed it, it worked fine, but now it's developed a crackly/popping sound on the left side front & rear speakers. I've checked all the connections. I cross-wired the speakers and the problem moved to the right side speakers. Seems to me the problem has to be in the stereo unit. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks, Steve

·
Premium Member
13,573 Posts
If you do a search, I think you will find out those are common complaints. It appears to be just cheap stuff.

·
Registered
221 Posts
One came in my 67 SS which I bought a little over 2 years ago. It is no longer connected. I have left it in the dash for the cosmetics, but I now listen to an Alpine Head Unit in the glove box. I will re-examine this setup before cruise-in season, but I know I will not go back to the Custom Sound unit. Cheap Checp Cheap !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts