Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced heads and cam, 64cc alum. 2.02/1.9 w/1.6 rockers, Lunati 213/219 duration 112 center cam. Cranking p.s.i. is 190 to almost 200. Is there a good guess as to the compression ratio I have? 1967 327 cid.

Thanks for the insight in advance...:beers:

· Registered
1,770 Posts
Around 10:1 with stock pistons, "generic" piston compression height, and a set of .041 fel-pro head gaskets? Do I win something if I'm right :) ? How about in the ballpark :D ?

· Premium Member
7,294 Posts
There's a formula that will tell you exactly what your compression ratio is...7th grade algebra... (Google "compression ratio formula")
There is no formula in existence that will give you static compression ratio from cranking compression :noway:

The first answer from Mike was about as good as it gets ;)

· Registered
3,586 Posts
Assuming the engine hasn't been decked and you are running a composition head gasket ~0.038 thick, I am going to take a guess and say somewhere from 9.1:1 - 9.5:1 w/ flat-top pistons in a 327. Maybe even less if they are "rebuilder" pistons sitting deep in the hole.

· Premium Member
7,294 Posts
If the deck was not cut & you have a normal c/h piston of 1.675 you will be around 9.1 ;)
If you have the rebuilder piston which is destroked you would be closer to 8.7
So with a normal .039 type gasket you could be anywhere from 8.7 undecked & assuming a reasonably straight 9.025 height block which is a huge assumption,,,
To 9.7 with a zero decked block & decent piston.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.