Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found the right alternator for the cs130 convert. I was looking at the tech pages and im still a little hazy how to do this, the one i bought has a 4 prong out on it, They sell connectors to convert to the 2 wire connectors right? I dont think autozone has them. If not, which of the 4 connectors do i use? :D Oh yeah I didnt even switch my pulleys yet, I guess I need to go tool shopping, an impact wrench was it? Im a mess... thanks in advance :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i know AC delco is the one that makes this conversion kit but i cant find it anywhere! Also this about the built in resistor or non, if we'd like to get rid of the idiot light, I want it gone I ripped out my old guages! But if anyone has a part# or knows where to find it let me know, thank you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah ok i found it, AC DELCO part# 8077 or 8078 w/out idiot light. Kragen can order it, but I guess most places dont stock these suckers right off! Woo!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The dash harness has a resistor connected in it that is put in parallel with the bulb. The idea is to provide more energizing current and also make sure the alternator starts to charge even if the light burns out. So, if you leave the harness it's there but if you cut or remove the harness you need to make sure there's still a resistor.

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts