Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I need some of us old timers to go back in the memory banks and try to help me ID an intake I have aquired. It is a Cross Ram for a small block but I do not believe it is GM It has the two carbs straight across from each other instead of staggered like the OEM one. The problem is a previous owner has sanded and polished it so there are no numbers or other identifying marks. It has to be fairly old as it still has the old oil fill / breather tube in the front. Does anyone remember seeing a manifold like this ? If so do you remember who made it ? I am thinking about using it with two throttle bodies and efi. It would definitely be a conversation piece. Thanks in advance.
Bill

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
Bill, I want to say Offenhauser? But there may have been 2-3 makers. Why not run a couple of small Holleys on it? Those were pretty hot setups at one time, I remember them well.

------------------

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
I have the two 650 Holleys that came with it but I have been trying to push Fuel Injection here at the shop so I thought something like this would be cool. The manifold would probably work good with carbs on a real high RPM motor or maybe a real big Small Block like a 420 or so, but I think it would be a slug on any streetable motor. That is the beauty of running port type fuel injection, the manifold does not really transport any fuel so it can be as big or as large as you want, within reason, and still have awsome low end power. Any way, If anyone happens to have any old magazines that may have a picture of this thing, I would love to see it.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Waldorf Md

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well Bill, I pulled out some of my old mags and found a couple possible matches. In the 1984 Car Craft Annual, on page 50 there is a picture of a rig with a polished intake with carbs as you described. This is one of the old log type cross-rams that looks fairly tall, and it seems to have an Offenhauser logo on it.

Also, the '83 Car Craft Annual has a picture of the old Edelbrock Ram Log on page 155; it looks similar to the Offenhauser mentioned above.

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beast,
Thanks for the info !

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Waldorf Md

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status