Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an aftermarket transmission cross member to help clear exhaust, and it is a little robust. My 2 1/4" headers are 2 pipes inside 2 outside of the frame, the front cross link still needs to be shaved down for pan/diaper clearance. Basically I cannot raise the tail shaft any higher to bolt the new c m inside of the frame, everything will touch. With the c m bolted to the bottom of the frame I'm good, this is my question. Can it be done safely that way? There will be a front motor plate if that helps. Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
How is the angle of the engine?
I used their xmember for my 80E conversion and had to use an energy suspension mount with the 1/4" driveshaft loop to ge the dizzy off the firewall.
What if you mount xmember where it normally goes, cut and lower/weld the center section?
Would that help?

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would take some work, but a possibility. What ever it takes, the engine needs to sit right here. No up, and no down. Engine is down 5* to the back, number 2 tube is too tight to drop the transmission anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts