Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions on reputable people / businesses who will safely transport a newly purchased chevelle 1/2 way across this great country.(east coast to Texas)

thanks,

gerald

·
Registered
61 Posts
Check Hemmings Motor News...there are businnesses that advertise in there that can handle your haul. Good luck

Aces 209

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey Gerald,
Hemmings is a good source, but I understand some of those specialty companies charge really big $$$. If it's not some sort of pristine vehicle, you might consider contacting a moving company in your area...a reputable one. (Allied, Atlas, etc) If they can fit it into their time table and route, they may be quite reasonable. A friend of mine drives those for a living, and often transports vehicles...sometimes for the people who are making the move, sometimes for others. They'd much rather fill up the truck than make an empty or half-full run. Again, be sure they'll handle it carefully, and not pile furniture on top of it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used a company called Passport Transport our of ST Louis, MO. They were extremely careful and did a great job of moving my '70 Chevelle across country. They are listed in Hemmings and the Hemmings vintage almanac.

·
Administrator
3,375 Posts
I've lost Dave and Karen Stuessi's address. If anyone knows it, please let me know. I think the business name was secure transport or something like that. They have a feature car on this site and are quite knowledgeable about Chevelles. I'd recommend them in a 'heartbeat'. Based out of Oregon, last I heard, but they are on the road a lot.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.