Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone , not sure where i should post this, i have a small problem and i need all the advice i can get , i listed my chevelle on the craig list in germany, i heard the germans have alot of cash on hand, and thier gas is cheap, so i thought what the hell give it a shot. well i have a buyer on the hook, he first email he ask if i still had the ITEM, and to send more pic. this is the second email he has sent me please read and tell me what you think
Hello, thanks so much for your mail,Am quite comfortable with the condition of the item since i won't be making any repairs on it, Please provide your full name,Address and your Phone number for payment.I will be paying you by CHECK, I will make arrangement for the pick-up after payment has been received by you.I hope it is in good condition,kindly reply with your name,phone # and mailing address where payment will be sent.I will let you know how i intend to pick it up.
Note:
As soon as you have your money in hand we can talk about the picking up of the item ok.I would like you to take the posting off craigslist today.
Best Regards
Mr Young Thomas....................... is this a scam or what, has anyone recieve this type of email thanks again copoman69

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, I Have recieved emails like this. It is a SCAM they word there scams the same every time there english is poor and they always direct the thing you are selling as an item.They never asked questions that anyone who would be buying a car would . Craigslist is full scamers but what can you do.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
The wording is dead on.... Keep emailing him, and play with him, I had a guy that I kept on the hook for over two weeks. I then emailed him with a big ol picture of my handing flying the bird... telling him the whole time I knew he was a scammer. You can also ask for the payment, but give him some false info. Address to your local police station with a false name. It is so fun to scam these guys.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats the worst thing that can happen if one of these scamers gets your name and phone and or your address ? send me junk mail ? if someome where to access my credit, could he improve? i mean no one can raise the titanic right lol

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Thats why i mess with them....scam the scammer

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Just tell him that the car will be available AFTER your bank confirms that the check has been paid by the bank that the check has been drawn upon.

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
tell him to send the check ! I bet it comes to you a couple grand higher than your asking price ,then he will say just wire the overage to his bank .and you get screwed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts