Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...what do you think? I want to put a "retro" looking 15" wheel on my '66 Chevelle. I plan on running MT ET Drag Radials (275-60-15) on the rear. The car is dark blue with black interior. Your opinion???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally, I like the Cragar SS wheels much better than the American Racing Torque Thrust.

I currently have the stock 14 ralleys on my 71 chevelle, but am planning on going with 15x10 (rear) and 15x8 Wheel Vintiques SS396 wheels... You can see these at http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WVI%2D50%2D5734438&N=700+400230+4294923105+4294906455+115&autoview=sku I think they good a good "retro" look, are fairly inexpensive, and available in almost any width and offset you might need.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I would use the torque thrust D wheel, with the non polished spokes, would look good with the dark blue car.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
I like them both. depends on which time period you prefer.
I like to keep my car as if it rolled out of a time machine.
The torque thrust wheel keeps it in the 60's while a Crager SS to me is more of a 70's type of feel.
Either way is a good choice.

My 66 wears torque thrust though.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Some colors make each wheel look a little bit different. My 66 is black and with a black vinyl roof, the S/S wheels look more period correct.

Check my showroom for some pics, as i am not real good at moving them to threads.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I must haved lived waaaay back in the boonies. The Cragars were never a popular wheel where I was from back in the 60's. If you had a set of TTD's, you were da bomb!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.