Team Chevelle banner

CPP suspension kit stage 2 for 66 chevelle

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Chevelle '71 
#1 ·
Ok, where to start?
I've gone through most of the posts for CPP suspension trying to get an idea of how people like them or dislike them. All the reviews seem to be mixed issues from not the greatest quality to poor customer support. I want to know what brand would be better for just a cruiser/street rod. I'm not trying to build a bitchin pro-touring chevelle...yet. I am slightly bias with the CPP stuff because it is closer to the amount I would like to spend, and their kit has front adjustable QA1 coilovers. Any opinions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle
South Bay,CA

#2 ·
I looked at various other companies
eg. BMR Fab. / Hotchkis / Edelbrock / Hellwigs / SC & C / HRPartsNStuff / Speed Tech .....

I would talk to Ramey at UMI Perf for any suspension needs .
I did and have bought all my suspension parts from UMI Perf.
I would have purchased the UMI Perf 64-67 GM A Body Handling Package- Stage 2 # ABF403-64
except that the kit came with 1" lowering springs
which I did not want or need as I run OEM stock springs for the stock riding height.

I purchased the following from UMI Perf and found them to be
of the best looking & quality that I have ever seen/used;
1. UMI Perf 64-67 GM A Body Rear Lower Boxed / Adj Upper Control Arms # 402126
2. UMI Perf 64-72 GM A Body Solid Front and Rear Sway Bar Kit # 403534
3. UMI Perf 64-72 GM A-Body Tubular Upper & Lower Front A-Arm Kit # 403133
4. UMI Perf 64-72 GM A-Body Viking Front Coil Over, Dbl Adj Shocks # A205-550T
5. UMI Perf 64-72 GM A-Body Viking Rear Dbl Adj Shocks # B220
Good luck with your car and the changes you have planned .

Reactions: jaketoolson
#4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions Greg and Ramey I appreciate it!
I'm still going to put more research into everything and hopefully make my purchase here within the next few weeks.
I must say the UMI stuff is pretty popular with the A-body community.
I just want to get my baby on the road already. haha

#5 ·
Kyle, definitely take your time and do your research.. Don't be sold the CPP bundle because of the coilovers.... I know it sounds like a smokin deal with brakes included..?!?!? WooHoo!!..... Not so fast...

Take a minute to really look at the arms ect and the quality of parts. Maybe take into consideration where they are made.... and why a lot of us upgrade. It is to fix the short spindle handling characteristics. Tubular arms will do nothing for your car unless they are equipped tall ball joints ect. Same holds true for lower arms... you literally gain nothing with them other than eye candy.

Before you pull the trigger, take a minute and at least give UMI Perf a call or at least fire off an email with some of your questions / concerns. Talk to Ramey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.