Chevelles.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
What year is this Chevelle ????????.................... Don.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
You should be able to find the paint and trim codes at Dale's page. Someone should be able to provide a link or look under the decoding resources thread. some of the info may not be available at this time. interesting tag. hope this helps Andy

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should be able to find the paint and trim codes at Dale's page. Someone should be able to provide a link or look under the decoding resources thread. some of the info may not be available at this time. interesting tag. hope this helps Andy

Thanks, been trying, and still can't figure out color code 200 and 13369HX?

·
Premium Member
19,939 Posts
Looks like the car was produced by GM Continental in Belgium. Interesting tag to say the least. I don't have specific info on the paint code but the 770 trim code was available here with White, Black, Grotto Blue, Fathom Blue, and Teal Blue. I imagine the same basic colors (black, white, blue) would still be warranted with the blue interior.

Just a guess here but possibly the 'H' in the VIN stands for the number '8' since H is the 8th letter of the alphabet and 'X' indicates the car was assembled in Belgium from U.S. parts as opposed to being assembled in the U.S. and shipped to Belgium. A U.S. built shipped to Belgium would probably read something like CA (for Continental Antwerp) 133698(B)101670 where (B) would be U.S. plant such as Baltimore.

The 3-digit paint code (without a two letter suffix) is also indicative of being built in Belgium.

Anything else known about the car? Any photos (not screen shots) of the tag itself? Is there a VIN plate on the dash like the U.S.? Is the speedometer in mph or kph? Lots of questions come to mind...:)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like the car was produced by GM Continental in Belgium. Interesting tag to say the least. I don't have specific info on the paint code but the 770 trim code was available here with White, Black, Grotto Blue, Fathom Blue, and Teal Blue. I imagine the same basic colors (black, white, blue) would still be warranted with the blue interior.

Just a guess here but possibly the 'H' in the VIN stands for the number '8' since H is the 8th letter of the alphabet and 'X' indicates the car was assembled in Belgium from U.S. parts as opposed to being assembled in the U.S. and shipped to Belgium. A U.S. built shipped to Belgium would probably read something like CA (for Continental Antwerp) 133698(B)101670 where (B) would be U.S. plant such as Baltimore.

The 3-digit paint code (without a two letter suffix) is also indicative of being built in Belgium.

Anything else known about the car? Any photos (not screen shots) of the tag itself? Is there a VIN plate on the dash like the U.S.? Is the speedometer in mph or kph? Lots of questions come to mind...:)
I'll look over it when the car get's in my new house, it's waiting for technical inspection at this moment, which hopefully will pass on March 4th.

Speedometer is in MPH.

Thanks for your current info Dale, appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
still can't figure out, color code 200 ???
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91483&highlight=Antwerp

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126083

http://www.camaros.net/forums/search.php?searchid=2021099

The Antwerp-plant was an "Opel plant", and on most of the trimtags the paint code, is in Opel-numbers. Most of these "Opel codes" correspond to Chevrolet colors, just with a different number. Since they are General Motors, they probably had the same colors all over the world.

The trimtags for a "real" Antwerp car, would look the same except for, "the 1968 VIN that should have HX" instead of 8N (a 1967 would have GX instead of 7N).

One interesting detail with these trimtags is that they have a "Release date" that has some significance. It is hard to see on this image but it should start with an 8 for 1968 and then be followed by a (probably) sequential number.

Production totals for 1967 at Antwerp was:
Chevrolet 1,497 units
Pontiac 227 units
Oldsmobile 129 units
Buick 221 units

This was out of the total 54,635 cars and trucks (41,169 were Opels)
Could your car's original color, be [F-200] SCHWARZ / BLACK ?????????..... "just a wild guess" ...... Don.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
:yes: You've cracked it......awesome!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And yes, most probably the basic color was black.....as it is now. :)
When I first saw your trim tag, I thought there was absolutely no way, I could help answer your questions ...
but after searching the word "Antwerp", on the Team Camaro site ........ www.camaros.net

It was actually Özgür, from Turkey ..... who had posted the correct "Opel color chart" /and/ GM information,
on the Team Camaro website, to answer your [color code, 200] "paint color" question ............
Don.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, and i've probably got the first confirmed Belgian built Chevelle on TC. :)

Which actually makes it an European car :D

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for bumping an old thread back up, I had a talk over the Camaro's site, and they've confirmed for 100% that I have an Antwerp built car, and that Antwerp built "GX" and "HX" Camaro's (resp '67 and '68)

There also were seen Impala's From Antwerp with the "X" code

So dear gentleman, I have a new plant code for you.

X = General Motors Continental Antwerp.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Cool,
I didn't have any idea that Chevelles were built in Belgium.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts