Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 Chevelle SS with a cowl induction hood that is not functioning. There are 3 wires going to the hood but I don't know where the wires should be coming from, going to, or if there should be more wires. Does anyone have or know where I can get a detailed wiring diagram for the hood?

Thanks!
Chris Ellison

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Chris,

I know that on a '70 there is normally only one wire going to the cowl induction setup. It's a brown wire the goes from a switch that is under the throttle to a solenoid that operates an inner door in you cowl inducton setup. It only opens the door when you depress the throttle enough to engage the switch. I would assume that a '72 would be set up the same. Maybe somebody else can chime in here.

------------------
Dave Knapp
TC #388
ACES #3474
SCCCC #310
'70 SS 396
L34

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Chris

I believe this is how the cowl induction is wired.
You should have two wires at the fuse block.
1-A pink that connects to the terminal marked IGN. It is routed to switch at the accel linkage, then through the firewall to the relay on the firewall. The switch closes on full throttle picking up the relay. This relay must be grounded to complete the circuit.
2- A tan wire connects to the terminal marked ACC. It is routed through the firewall to the relay then to the flapper door solenoid. When the relay picks up the solenoid opens the door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts