Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing around yesterday trying to get my cowl induction door working right (I don't have the flow control valve) I was looking for some vacuum line and ended up under the hood of an 84 regal I am redoing.The vacuum line that goes to the snorkel of the air cleaner on the regal had a valve in it that looks similar to the cowl induction valve. I tried it on my hood, The door closes slow when the car is started ,when you get into the throttle it opens fast and closes slow , i am pretty sure this is how it is supposed to work. I figure you guys looking for a flow control valve might want to try this.
BL
aces #1432

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Brian,
can you provide more info? Engine size, ft wheel/rr wheel drive, carb or FI, 2 or 4dr, location of valve, etc. My chev parts man can't come up with anything. Anyone else know about this valve or even a part number or the correct name?

And while we are on the subject, I bought a check valve for the CI hood at the Tulsa regionals from Hinshaws for $36. He says someone is now making them again. I ran and put it on the car and it seems to work fine.

------------------

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1984 buick regal 3.8 litre . The valve goes from the thermac sensor to the thermac motor and is called a delay valve . that is what it says on the diagram on the fan shroud.
BL

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
I'll try that one Mon morning.

------------------

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
I think my Chev parts man found the valve. I ordered it and it is $12. Should be in later this week and I will let everyone know if it is the one and if it works.

------------------

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Brian,
I found it! The part number is 8997639. It works and the cowl door closes a little more slowly than the original valve. That's OK.

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.