Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your experience with Delco verses reproduction cowl induction vacuum actuators. I have two BB cowl induction vehicals ( 71' El Camino and 72' Chevelle), one with a Delco actuator and the other with a reproduction one. The Delco actuator works great, however the reproduction doesn't want to close the flap all the way. I have switched them between the vehicals and the same thing happens. The reproduction actuator looks very new, however, is this one of those parts where Delco is the only way to go. Are the Delco actuators still available?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wtw, I don't have any experience with those repro actuators and I have no idea what quality that particular part is but I just had to say something. Why and the heck do these companies that reproduce these parts keep putting out these inferior products (junk in many cases) yet continue to call them quality products. Seems to me that in many instances they put in 99.9% of the effort needed to making a good part and then just before its done they leave something out that makes all the difference. I have seen some good reproduction pieces but I've seen many more that were just plain high price junk. Let's all do this. When some company sends you a poor product that was advertised as being an excellent reproduction ( or some similar wording), let's all send it back with a BIG NOTE that says. "Me and the Boys ain't taking this crap No More" ........maybe they will finally get the hint........GT now, it is not my intention to start any particular supplier bashing here so don't guys, I am just stating some facts about reproduction parts in general throughout the resto industry

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
There is, to the best of my knowledge, at least 2 manufacturers of CI door vac pods. And I understand one of them is considerably better quality. The only thing is, I don't know who sells the good one! The one on my hood came from Original Parts Group (OPG), and it works perfect. When I installed the complete hood system on my 70 conv, I had to do some minor adjusting upon installation. It works perfect now, and I use the cheap GM check (delay) valve that I described in another post.

------------------
Tom Parsons

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.