Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of installing a Edelbrock Performer #2161 intake manifold on my '70 402. I have a cowl induction hood and air cleaner setup. I still want to use the stock carb (Quadra-Jet) with the induction air cleaner.

Have any of you been able to do this just by removing the spacer or do you have to modify the bottom of it to sit flat on the carb? I also need to ask if any of you with this setup have had any problem with this air cleaner fitting under the hood with the spacer removed?

(Of course I ask now when I have the manifold installed and am about to mount the carb. Hope I won't have to pull it apart and put it back the way it was.
)

------------------
Dave Knapp
TC #388
ACES # 3474
'70 SS 396

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the same intake on my 70 chevelle, 454, 850 holley, cowl induction with the factory air cleaner installed, no problem. If you haven't found out yet, just leave out the spacer. I also have a K&N 4" filter element which sits partially into the hood opening when closed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it today Glenn, Thanks. Your right all I had to do was remove the spacer. Now to get it timed right.....

------------------
Dave Knapp
TC #388
ACES # 3474
'70 SS 396

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.