Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm comming down the home strech on my 72 SS restoration. I am putting the cowl induction hood together. I took it appart about ten years ago, and I kind of forgot how to put it back together. I have the inner flap door with the electric solonoid installed. I installed the windshield washer nozzle for the passenger side but I don't see where the drivers side nozzle screws in. Any ideas? I also have a question about routing the vacume lines and the check valve for the vacume motor that opens the outside flap. Does the vacume line connect to manifold vacume on the manifold? I also have the other vacume solonoid that bolts to the manifold, I think it only limits vacume to the distributor until the car is in forth speed. Should I use this solonoid thing or should I just run straight ported vacume to the distributor? I put in a long weekend putting my car back together and I have been putting in some long nights this week trying to get the car done. After working all day, and then comming home to work on the car until 1:00 o'clock in the morning I get kind of brain dead. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don,

Vacuum line hooks to a fitting that screws into the intake manifold. The number of hookups on the fitting depends on what other accessories are installed that need vacuum, like brakes, AC, automatic trans, etc. As far as the transmission controlled spark solenoid goes, it was original, so it depends on how original you want to keep the car. Assuming it's working right and the wiring is right and the temp relay switch in the right head is working and so on, it's still a deal where the engine idles better with vacuum advance. Your call.

Jim

·
Registered
229 Posts
As for the windshield washer nozzle-

The one on my passenger side comes through the top of the cowl induction hood screen, just below the chrome trim. On the driver's side though, the nozzle comes out from under the hood and out to the left of the screen. I don't know for sure if this is correct, but that's where it is located on my 72!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.