Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be correct to put on cowl induction emblems on a 72SS with a cowl hood without the funtional flapper in it??

·
Registered
636 Posts
If it doesn't have the flapper then you dont have a cowl hood, you just have a domed SS hood. While it would not be "correct". Its your car and if you want them go for it. Mar ACES #2424

------------------

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
A friend of mine just installed a complete repro cowl induction air cleaner for his 72 Elky. We traced my Cowl hood emblems on a sheet of paper for a template on his non-cowl SS hood for locating and drilling the necessary holes. When we were done it looked real good, plus I'm sure a certain amount of fresh air is drawn in under full throttle from the rear of the hood. If you spent your hard earned money to buy the car, do what ever you want to it. Remember, some people like blowers through the hood.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I did the same on my 71 years ago. It looks good.Also cut out the panel under the cowl.Could see water drops suck under the cowl when driving,so I knew it worked.Also painted a bowtiie on the screen under cowl.Looked neat from inside the car. Idea???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, I had the same decision to make recently. I would think it has to do with how original your car is. If its very "original" (whatever that means is up to your own definition), it's probably best not to add the emblem if your hood does not have the flapper. If you already have some modifications and originality is not an issue, then go for it. As for me, my car is very original but for the color (which I will change back to its original fathom blue at some time in the distant future) and I didn't want anyone "in the know" to call my car a clone because I added the COWL INDUCTION emblem. Once I repaint the car, I may add a functional flapper hood in which case I will certainly add the emblem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.