Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure this out..
1972 chevelle zz502 (was ss350) Power brakes,A/C.
I want to add cowl induction, but where do i hook up the vaccum lines. Right now the the power brakes are hooked up to the rear of the carb.. Is this correct or should I hook them up to the manifold. I was told that the inlet behind the carb is for PCV. Im confused.. I have a steel line that bolts to the manifold that can hook up to the power brake hose but then I will not be able to hook anything else to the manifold. Also where do I hook up the vaccum for the A/C box?

Sorry for my ignorance.

thanks

tom

·
Registered
183 Posts
I do not know if our sponsor, GROUND UP,sell it but in the original parts catalog. they sell the correct power brake booster vacuum fitting. it screws into the intake manifold on top behind the carb. it has three vacuum port fittings. two are slide on, put cowl vacuum line on one and the other is for your a/c vaccum line. the third one is a screw type fitting that your power brake line tube screws onto. part number is DIN338b2, price is $16.00. phone is 1-800-chevelle. it is really for 1967-70. the 71 & 72 the brake booster went to the back of the carb.
I used this fitting on my 71 ss because it looks much neater with the bolt dowm booster fitting then the hose going to the back of the carb. put your pcv hose on the back of the carb. chevy was probably trying to save money and not make the metal tube.

------------------
BILL TIRELLI MEMBER#280
1969 BLK CHEVELLE SS396
375HP 4SP 410 POSI
1971 BLK CHEVELLE SS402
STATEN ISLAND NY
=http://hometown.aol.com/wtirelli/myhomepage/index.html

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think i know the fitting your talking about how does the brake line screw into the fitting??? my brake line is rubber with NO fitting/nut/fastener on the line itself..

·
Registered
183 Posts
tom, on the fitting for the power booster it has a male end with outside threds, from your booster there is a short rubber hose that goes on to a metal tube with a female end that screws onto the the male end that is on the vacuum fitting. the metal tube also has a tab with a bolt hole. you bolt it down to the top of the intake manifold.

------------------
BILL TIRELLI MEMBER#280
1969 BLK CHEVELLE SS396
375HP 4SP 410 POSI
1971 BLK CHEVELLE SS402
STATEN ISLAND NY
=http://hometown.aol.com/wtirelli/myhomepage/index.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.